Sino Agro Food Inc. is an integrated, diversified agriculture technology and organic food company with subsidiaries operating in China. Focused on developing, producing and distributing high margin, high quality agricultural products in the People's Republic of China, the Company intends to meet the increasing demands of China's growing middle class for gourmet and high quality food items. Current lines of business include Aquaculture, Livestock Farming, Plantation Farming, Farm Services, and Marketing & Trading.
To learn about our company, you can read our About Us page and use the left navigation menu to review our Business Divisions. Our Subsidiaries and Joint Ventures page describes the operating entities of our holding company. The Investor Relations section of our website provides an archive of Company press releases, filings with the SEC, and relevant information for investors.
Learn details of our latest developments:
Zhongshan Prawn Project Update - March 31, 2014
SIAF subsidiary, Capital Award, inks licensing agreement for its A-Power Technology - March 4, 2014
Government Officials and Academics visit Fish Farm 1 - January 17, 2014
Prawn Farm 2 Field Report - January 6, 2014
2014 New Year Message from Solomon Lee, CEO of Sino Agro Food
Progress on the Abattoir and Related Facilities at SJAP - November 2013
Beijing Cattle Farm - August 15, 2013
Immortal Vegetables and HU Flowers Work Together - August 7, 2013
Based on our third quarter 2013 results, we believe that all development work completed in the first nine months of 2013 demonstrated good progress including:
- Our own Trading Center is now operating (although finish work is still in progress).
- Leonie's Central Kitchen and Central Bakery are in place for the restaurant chain, four restaurants are operating, and work is in progress on two others.
- SJAP has completed more than 80% of the construction work on its abattoir (slaughterhouse) and de-boning facilities.
- JHST has completed the revitalization program of its HU Plantation (i.e., new irrigation systems with automatic sprinklers, replacing existing soil with organic soil, planting immortal vegetables in between each row of the HU plants, extension of staff quarters to accommodate more than 40 workers at one time), planted 13 acres of Immortal Vegetables, and built the associated nursery.
- Prawn Farm 1 commenced production.
- Beijing cattle station and wholesale shop are established and operating.
- Prawn Farm 2 second phase completed, including three prawn grow-out open dams with RAS systems and the successful breeding of fingerling of Big Giant Prawns from our 2nd generation brood stocks.
- The establishment of facilities in Madagascar, and
- Successful production of Lake Fish organic fertilizer.
We view the foregoing developments as a giant step forward building strong fundamentals for the Company’s future growth.
Sino Agro Food, Inc.'s five-year plan is playing out as envisioned. Particularly at the wholesale level in the fishery and beef divisions, economies of scale are being realized. The benefits of vertical integration are being achieved gradually, most in evidence between the wholesale and distribution levels. These are enhancing the Company's competitive position. We are beginning to see a multiplier effect that generates core sustainable value, and adding a layer of corporate maturity and operational reliability, reinforced by all financial metrics continuing to move positively.